Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Programming the ReSound Live9

1. Default Programming the ReSound Live9

Scroll down to see all the steps for programming the ReSound Live.

>>Links-for-Hearing-Aid-Self-Programming<< may answer questions you might have.

This is my USB Hi-Pro. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Hi-Pro is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Hi-Pro, without me, is useless. Without my Hi-Pro, I am useless.

Cable to connect USB HI-Pro to your PC

Standard CS44 Programming Cables

Closeup of CS44 Programming Cable

ReSound Programming boots/shoes.

Ready to connect HI-Pro

Ready to connect ReSound Live9

Diagram of how to connect ReSound Live9

Diagram of how to disconnect ReSound Live9

Connected ReSound Live9. Note that the battery is NOT in the hearing aid. If you leave the battery in then the lights will flash continuously on the Hi-Pro and it will not work. You are now ready to start programming with Aventa 2.9 (not Aventa 2.7 because it cannot detect the latest Live and Dot2 models).

Happy programming...
    Last edited by pvc; 04-26-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

I got all of this stuff, but can't get it to work. It lights up and appears to look for the right and left aids, but Aventa 2.95 can't read them. Tried it on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows XP 32 bit. All the latest drivers installed; all the latest software updates installed.

I tried the hardware at my audiologist, who uses a NOAH plus the Hi-Pro and it worked perfectly.

I'm stuck! Any suggestions?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acebass View Post
    I got all of this stuff, but can't get it to work. It lights up and appears to look for the right and left aids, but Aventa 2.95 can't read them. Tried it on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows XP 32 bit. All the latest drivers installed; all the latest software updates installed.

I tried the hardware at my audiologist, who uses a NOAH plus the Hi-Pro and it worked perfectly.

I'm stuck! Any suggestions?
    You don't need Noah. No batteries, right? What model? Live9? What's is the model number? Are you using serial Hi-Pro or USB hi-Pro? What lights up?
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming"

Thanks for the reply. I have the Live TS for Tinnitus, Model AO970 DVR. It's a BTE, with RIE.
    Using the Hi-Pro USB. The correct lights are lighting up. The self check lights flash when it's first plugged in. The power light and PC Com light are both on. When you hit the 'what's connected' button, the light by the Left DIN connector goes on, then the right, but Aventa doesn't detect it.
    For this particular model, it seems that you need to leave the battery in. I had this demonstrated when I took it to my audiologist. She connected it through the NOAH, and it worked.
    I plugged it directly into the USB port on both my 64 bit and 32 bit computers. Tried it with the battery in, and with the battery out for good measure. SDame result. Pretty sure it's a problem between Aventa and the Hi-Pro; I think it's the hiprotst.exe module in the Aventa/Hipro directory that's not working.

Thanks Much,

Rob

5. Default

Well Aventa 2.95 does seem to support your model (see picture below).

Since you tried both battery-in/battery-out then thatís not your primary problem.

I donít think itís a problem between Aventa and the Hi-Pro because when you hit the what's connected button, the Hi-Pro light by the Left DIN connector goes on, then the right. So I believe your Hi-Pro is connected and working.

What about the cable and boots connections? The cable needs to be a standard CS44 cable and not a Phonak CS44A which has pins 3&4 reversed. Are you plugging in the tiny cable ends into the boots snugly, and with the correct orientation? The boots (this model uses boots, right?) need to establish contact with pins on the bottom of the hearing aid. See picture (above) circle-1 on Diagram of how to connect ReSound Live9.

6. Default

You don't need noah!

7. Default

Would this setup work for Programming Resound Alera/Future?
    250 500 1k 2k 3k 4k 8k
    R-. 50...45...50...65..55..65...65
    L- 40...45...45...65..70..75...65 Currently Costco Resound FutureHidden Content

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bluejay View Post
    Would this setup work for Programming Resound Alera/Future?
    You should read the ReSound cable guide. Here's a link. Click -> HERE

9. Default

Good point.
    250 500 1k 2k 3k 4k 8k
    R-. 50...45...50...65..55..65...65
    L- 40...45...45...65..70..75...65 Currently Costco Resound FutureHidden Content

Thanks for your research and the reply.I checked the cables - they're correct and fit into the boots correctly. As I mentioned previously, I brought my whole setup - Hi-Pro, boot, cables, to my audiologist. She plugged it in to her computer's USB and it worked, using my hardware, so I don't see how it could be a hardware problem; I even tried a few different USB ports to rule that out.

Thanks