Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried the new ISync Invisible-in-the-Canal HAs?

Default Anyone tried the new ISync Invisible-in-the-Canal HAs?

I was recently fitted with CIC's...AGX5 and was surprised at how big they were. I am in a trial period and was very interested in the Lyric aids, but not the high subscription cost. It looks to me as if the new iSync could be promising for a total invisible option. I am not able to find any reviews or information other than what is on AudioSync's web site. I would love to hear any feedback from anyone with experience with these. Thank you.

2. Default

This must be the same aid as Starkey Oto Lens and it is a very new hearing aid only for mild to moderate hearing loss. Phonak and Unitron also have a similar aid called Fuse.

I am sure this is the same aid as the Starkey Oto Lens nad iti s very new that I don't think anyone has tried it.

There is a review of the Fuse here.

http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?p=29058

Thank you very much for your reply and the thread link!

I'm wearing a pair of iSyncs at the moment. They are nothing short of amazing.

They aren't the same type of aid as the Fuse. They are moulded whereas I'm pretty sure the Fuse isn't. Because they're moulded they have a fitting range for moderate/severe, the Fuse can only handle mild/moderate.

My hearing loss is severe and I'm well out of the Fuse's fitting range.

The iSync's sit really deep in the canal. Seriously, think deep and then go some more. I was shocked at how far I had to push them in. They are invisible, even with someone staring straight into my ear.

I'm still trialling them and I plan to write a bunch about them on my blog soon. This is my first post here by the way, I hope to stick around!
    My blog: Hidden Content

5. Default

So is this Starkey under the covers? (programmed by Inspire 2010; looks like Starkey kit; same messages re noise reduction etc)

Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    I'm wearing a pair of iSyncs at the moment. They are nothing short of amazing.

They aren't the same type of aid as the Fuse. They are moulded whereas I'm pretty sure the Fuse isn't. Because they're moulded they have a fitting range for moderate/severe, the Fuse can only handle mild/moderate.

My hearing loss is severe and I'm well out of the Fuse's fitting range.

The iSync's sit really deep in the canal. Seriously, think deep and then go some more. I was shocked at how far I had to push them in. They are invisible, even with someone staring straight into my ear.

I'm still trialling them and I plan to write a bunch about them on my blog soon. This is my first post here by the way, I hope to stick around!
    they are inserted deep. Sounds like a good idea- fuse is open cic? - according to
    phonak Unitron the idea was to get the best out of an Open fit and a CIC cosmetics.
    Not sure it will work. Otolens seems like the obvious direction for Starkey- they know
    how to make things small.

7. Default iSync Wearer for Your Mary

Hi Mary
    The gentleman that we fitted first in Europe actually runs and independent website for hearing loss sufferers. You can contact him through his site to ask his opinion if you like http://www.deafness-and-hearingaids.net/

Very Kind Regards
    Steve

8. Default

These sound an awful lot like the Audilux Microlux Michel Havenith from the Hauge came out with in 2005. He sold his patent to - I can't remember. He came over to the States to the yearly Hearing Aid get together thing they have where they show off all the new products and I guess somebody made him an offer that he couldn't refuse. Broke my heart as I wanted to fly over there and get fitted for a pair. They DID fit severe hearing losses because they fit so deep in the ear. They were about $1,800 apiece. He sent me a pair of "dummys" and I cried when I saw them. They were amazing. On the website it talked about how much more "natural" the sound of them were compared to other HI's because of where they sat in the ear canal. No wind noise. No feedback.

It was a dream of mind for a long time. That and the Envoy implant clinical trial. Funny. I just saw a news segment when I was in Nashville this past weekend. They are doing them in the UK? now. I was almost accepted for that. One ear passed. One didn't. $30,000 a unit I think is the cost now. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by stream2525 View Post
    This must be the same aid as Starkey Oto Lens and it is a very new hearing aid only for mild to moderate hearing loss. Phonak and Unitron also have a similar aid called Fuse.

I am sure this is the same aid as the Starkey Oto Lens nad iti s very new that I don't think anyone has tried it.

There is a review of the Fuse here.

http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?p=29058

People have in fact been fit with OtoLens by Starkey, you can find their blogs online. I think it is simialr to Fuse maybe?? But it's a custom fit instrument, made from an impression of your ear.

dr. amy

The Otolens and Isync appear to be the same product. Both websites use the same graphics and animations.

I can't find anything on the isync website though that would direct me to an audi that sells it.

Also, does anyone have an idea of the cost?