Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Cost of hearing aids!!!!

1. Default

Let's get this right.

You bought aids from the UK via mail order?

If so there was no fitting work, they would be a good price

As a matter of interest. what aids did you choose?
    My professional details can be found in the 'Hidden Content ' section of the forum

2. Default

Consider the SAMS hearing center and their Liberty brand. Reasonable quality aids and NONcommisioned audiologists and dispensers. My sister is on a tight budget and I arranged for her to get a pair and they work well. There is a reason more and more SAMS clubs are getting these hearing centers at a fast clip. Most people cannot afford 6k out of pocket for a medical device, period! A workable set of aids for 2200 is a great alternative for many.
    E

Default Cost of aids

In the U.S. add 500 for malpractice insurance and 1000 to comply with government regulations.

Just asking. Has there ever been a correlation between the number of Harvard grads that have been president and how screwed up U.S. has become. Obama or Romney this time. There is no saving us
    Last edited by geokir; 04-08-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    1K 10/25
    2K 15/30
    3K 45/50
    4K 60/60
    6K 75/80
    8K 80/80

Quote Originally Posted by edlawson View Post
    Consider the SAMS hearing center and their Liberty brand. Reasonable quality aids and NONcommisioned audiologists and dispensers. My sister is on a tight budget and I arranged for her to get a pair and they work well. There is a reason more and more SAMS clubs are getting these hearing centers at a fast clip. Most people cannot afford 6k out of pocket for a medical device, period! A workable set of aids for 2200 is a great alternative for many.
    FYI, there are plenty of hearing aids that do not cost $6K that work exceptionally well. I rarely recommend these high-end hearing aids to people unless their lifestyle is so active that it is the best choice. Doesn't mean they have to buy it though...

Quote Originally Posted by RadarEars View Post
    I wonder if anyone is brave enough to say what they actually pay for the HAs, I am speaking of dispensers and audis..
    Hi, I'm still in the try-out period but am quoted 4665 Euros i.e. $6055.
    As this is a piece of equipment that will last about 6 years, I wonder if it is worth while.
    This is just the 2 units (L+R) of alera761.
    I envy you guys in the USA where you can get these for only $2600.

Radar: You you mind sharing your personal financial information? Included in the cost of dispensing a hearing aid is time spent teaching, counseling on use. Quarterly cleanings and check ups over the life of the aid. The phone service so that you may schedule an appointment. The staff that will schedule your appointment and process your insurance. Insurance because if something goes wrong, you are protected, go ahead and file a claim with a PO box. Continuing Education, some of it we pay for and have to travel. Testing equipment, the cost and yearly calibrations. Rent, because we don't work out of our basement.

It's perfectly fair for audi's to cover their overheads and make a living. It's also perfectly fair for those of us that have had poor value for money from them to bypass them, buy online and program our aids ourselves. However, we DIY'ers still want audi's around in case we ever need them.

Anti-competitive behaviour such as non-transparent pricing and refusing service (for a fee) to those that buy on-line is simply not fair. It's pleasing to see an increasing number of audi's are publishing prices and offering unbundled service for a fee. These audi's deserve to be commended and supported by this community.
    Cheers,
    Neil.