Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: New Resound Alera 61

Default Four Programs on Beltone True

I have been trialing the beltone true 15 and now the 9 model.Presently I am only using one program was wondering what others would suggest for the other 3 programs.Presently my aid is not as loud as my old aid,esp. when listening to TV.It seems that the new aid senses that the TV is noise and lowers the volume. My TV link works well but I feel that I am missing out on some background noise(TV?)BTW new member here.
    Have been wearing an aid for 42 years and this $3000. investment for aid,tv link and remote(backordered) leaves me wondering. The audio office has several fitters and fine tuning has been hit and miss so far. Moderators may see fit to start a new thread on Beltones but I think the True is same as Alera, at least the wireless acces. are identical.

One of the program slots is used for the wireless accessories leaving you with three remaining. I have one program with all the technology turned on, a noise program and lasty a sound wall/music program.

In the wireless program the sound level can be adjusted. How are you using the TV streamer w/o a remote?

Bulmak
    Thanks for your quick response, I hope to have remote tomorrow or Fri. so for now I am using the volume control on the TV link for now.It is nice to hear every word on the TV ,BUT as of now I cannot hear anything else. Some fine tuning I hope will be able to balance both the microphone and the TV link. With the remote, I was hoping that I didn't need the TV link.My left ear is almost deaf so everything is heard on the right ear. By dropping to the true 15 to the true 9, I saved $600 which would pay for the remote and TV link(total $3000).In general terms, does more volume mean less noise compression? I am still trying to find the right balance. Am I in the right thread thread for these comments(new member)?

Well you are in over my head now. Your volume/noise/compression question will need to be answered by someone with more knowledge than I

You may net be comparing the same resound/Costco models, The alera 7, 61 (mid grade with 2.4 ghz wireless) are a fair amount more then 1500 each, the accessories add another 500 +/-. The 5 series is still more than that.

I can not pair the TV link with the aids without the remote, nor volume for that mater.

Good luck and keep us posted

Default Beltone True 9

The one aid is $2500, remote is $250 and TV link is $350.There is a video showing how to set up the TV link with an aid, no remote needed.This is assuming that the Beltone True is the same as Resound Alera. The web address is www.beltone-hearing.com/wirelessaccesories. I had no problem setting up mine. Resound may also have the same video on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne2 View Post
    Bulmak
    Thanks for your quick response, I hope to have remote tomorrow or Fri. so for now I am using the volume control on the TV link for now.It is nice to hear every word on the TV ,BUT as of now I cannot hear anything else. Some fine tuning I hope will be able to balance both the microphone and the TV link. With the remote, I was hoping that I didn't need the TV link.My left ear is almost deaf so everything is heard on the right ear. By dropping to the true 15 to the true 9, I saved $600 which would pay for the remote and TV link(total $3000).In general terms, does more volume mean less noise compression? I am still trying to find the right balance. Am I in the right thread thread for these comments(new member)?
    Not necessarily as not all frequencies will be amplified equally and noise signals may be reduced through filtration at higher levels. Speech ought to be louder though.

It's the same aid as the Resound though.
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

7. Default Alera

My problem is that I cannot find an audie to try ReSound products. I have been to 5 including two recommended to me by the ReSound company. None of them carry ReSound although one or two said they could get them but did not like them. I guess I could go 40 miles to Costco by the idea of that kind of drive every time I need adjustments is not appealing.

250 8
    500 10
    750 25
    1000 40
    2000 45
    3000 60
    4000 60
    6000 60
    8000 55

8. Default Costco

As of yesterday Costco is now carrying the resound Future, which is the Alera model for Costco. I ordered mine yesterday and will have them in next week. These are fully compactor with the Unite accessaries. $1299.00 each excellent deal.

Go4itYoda

9. Default

Do you know which model of the Alera they carry?

Al

250 8
    500 10
    750 25
    1000 40
    2000 45
    3000 60
    4000 60
    6000 60
    8000 55

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Go4itYoda View Post
    As of yesterday Costco is now carrying the resound Future, which is the Alera model for Costco. I ordered mine yesterday and will have them in next week. These are fully compactor with the Unite accessaries. $1299.00 each excellent deal.

Go4itYoda
    So I've read that the ReSound Future is an updated version of the Alera, can anyone confirm with their AD? Just randomly browsing the ReSound website, I saw that the Alera is being updated with newer models slated for Jan 2011 - coincidence? This information is under downloads and Alera FAQ, I've quoted the passages below:

Q: Is Alera available with a telecoil?
    A: Alera 60 and 61 models do not include a telecoil. However, BTE and custom products that will be released in January 2011 will be available with a telecoil.

Q: Is Alera compatible with FM systems currently available?
    A: Although the Alera 60 and 61 models do not include Direct Audio Input (DAI) capabilities; an Alera BTE model that will be released in January 2011 will be available with DAI. As such, it will be compatible with currently available FM systems.

Q: Will Alera be available in the remote microphone model?
    A: Yes. Custom remote microphone models will be available in the Alera product family in January 2011.