Thread: Pocket Talker

Default Pocket Talker

Does anyone have a PocketTalker? It sounds like it would be a big help for eliminating background noise in small groups and cars.

2. Default

Used one at a local public theatre and loved it. Based on that experience I plan to get one for myself but like you had hoped to get some better feedback. I don't find the number of hits you've had with no response particularly encouraging! ;-)

Default pocket talker

hi
    I have a mild hearing loss that distorts speech perception when I'm talking with someone who has a soft or low voice. Since I'm a Psychotherapist, it's crucial that I be able to hear every word a patient is saying, and needless to say, a lot of people in therapy have soft voices! I have $6000 top of the line T-coil aides that are basically useless in many situations where ceilings are too high, or competing sounds even from radiators or a slightly open window make hearing words impossible. I chose my office in part for the silent radiators and it is an optimal hearing environment, but I still rely on my Pocket Talker.
    You can adjust the sound from both your neckloop amplifier and from the pocket talker. You are tethered to the device by a wire that connects it to your loop, so as long as you are seated, it works great. I still have problems with speakers very low voices and have found that if i sit forward and wear the neckloop very high near my throat, sometimes moving it around, I can almost hear everything. Whew!
    Can't wait for modern technology to catch up!

4. Default Comfort Contego FM loop system(Hearing Aid alternative)

Hey I'm selling a Comfort Audio FM neckloop system on Ebay for very cheap compared to the RRP. I don't need it. Its similar to a pocket talker and probably better quality...
    If you need any questions answering, just ask, Im an audiologist.

Cheers
    Anyad.x

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anyad1989 View Post
    Hey I'm selling a Comfort Audio FM neckloop system on Ebay for very cheap compared to the RRP. I don't need it. Its similar to a pocket talker and probably better quality...
    If you need any questions answering, just ask, Im an audiologist.

Cheers
    Anyad.x

Relisted!

If you need any questions answering, just ask, Im an audiologist. Search ebay for:

Comfort Contego FM loop system(Hearing Aid alternative)

Cheers
    Anyad.x