Thread: Metrix MX60DI and telecoil phone support

1. Default Metrix MX60DI and telecoil phone support

Hello All,

My mum has a Metrix MX60 DI hearing aids. I would like to know what needs to be done for this appliance to be able to be connected to phones ? I noticed the Metrix MX60DI seems to support for telecoil T & MT.

Do any compatible hearing aid phones support the T & MT system ? Would the following phone work ?

http://www.switel.com/v4/index.php?l...roducts_id=203

Would you recommend particular DECT phone compatible with the Metrix MX60 ?

Many thanks and have a nice Christmas.

Thierry.

Quote Originally Posted by mumhearing View Post
    Hello All,

My mum has a Metrix MX60 DI hearing aids. I would like to know what needs to be done for this appliance to be able to be connected to phones ? I noticed the Metrix MX60DI seems to support for telecoil T & MT.

Do any compatible hearing aid phones support the T & MT system ? Would the following phone work ?

http://www.switel.com/v4/index.php?l...roducts_id=203

Would you recommend particular DECT phone compatible with the Metrix MX60 ?

Many thanks and have a nice Christmas.

Thierry.
    T and MT just stand for "Telecoil" and "Microphone + Telecoil". Those are hearing aid settings that will work on most phones. You may or may not need to have your mom's audiologist turn those T/MT settings on.

There's an icon of an ear on the item you linked to. I believe the small print there says "Hearing Aid Compatible". That phone should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebee View Post
    T and MT just stand for "Telecoil" and "Microphone + Telecoil". Those are hearing aid settings that will work on most phones. You may or may not need to have your mom's audiologist turn those T/MT settings on.

There's an icon of an ear on the item you linked to. I believe the small print there says "Hearing Aid Compatible". That phone should work just fine.
    HI Rosebee

Not every phone that says "Hearing Aid Compatible" works well with telecoil/Ha's, tis a bit of a lottery as many are poorly made or not compatible to the clients loss, some you can alter the voice tone as well.......which helps!

Here in the Highlands of Scotland we have a "Deaf Services" drop in centre, I once worked there, they have loads of environmental aids, smoke alarm systems, flashing doorbells etc', maybe a dozen or more different "Hearing Aid Compatible" landline and six or so mobile phones for HOH, also some minicoms for Profoundly Deaf to try out,, one size does not fit all HOH as everyones loss is different, tis a matter of trying each phone until you find one that is suitable for the client! BTW, this Deaf Service centre has an 98% total satisfaction from client feedback forms, they do a wonderful job and the look of sheer delight on a clients face when the can hear a loved one on the phone, maybe the first time in years,, I have actually had many clients cry with joy.................

I should know better,, but last year I ordered a Geemark Amplideck 250 cordless phone via the internet without trying one out at Deaf Services first, this phone is made for HOH, tis as much use as a chocolate fireguard to me, I can hear ten times better on my VOIP phone at work, which is not hearing aid compatible!!!

Good luck in getting a phone for your mum Theirry! Cheers, Kev.
    My Audiogram.

Hz250..500.1000.1500.2000.3000.4000.6000. 8000
    L.70 70..90..90..9090..90..120.NR.. =92 average db loss
    R.50 60..60..60..7085..80..80.90.. =70 average db loss

Phonak Ambra's SP with MyPilot.

Target 2.0 & iCube + iCom & TVLink + Click N' Talk.

Phonak Naida V UP's as Backups

FM Sennheiser Mikroport-System 2015Hidden Content