Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ReSound Future

1. Default ReSound Future

Im being fitted tomorrow on this amazing new device that just came out a few days ago. I'll post the results asap. They are so new they are not on the website yet. I spoke with the factory rep and she was really helpful. I have old analog units that are 15 years old, I lost one in an accident and the other doesn't work anymore.

Would this be the new "remote microphone technology" ?

A press release was issued today:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/212857.php

3. Default

Not that one, I'll be looking at the BTE unit. I will ask too about that one too.

4. Default

Yes, I too heard from my audiologist at Costco the Resound Futures are in. They are, from what he told me, the Aleras with the same wireless accessories (about three, total). Only RITE, no ITC/CIC.

Pricing was $1400/each, with about $600 for the three accessories. Total for a pair with those accessories: $3400.

Anyone know how the Aleras compare to the Kirkland Signature/Rexton Cobalt 16s? the Bernafon Verite 9s?

Streets ahead of the Cobalt, easier to integrate with other devices than the Bernafon Verite.

I'd suggest that the Verite still nominally has better sound clarity, though if you prefer a more rounded type of sound you might find the Verite a bit harsh.

Other than that, it's made by Resound so may or may not fall to bits in the short/medium/long term future.

AND your Audiologist will love you if their CS63 (?) cable isn't going in/staying put when they are progging them.
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

6. Default

>Streets ahead of the Cobalt, easier to integrate with other devices than the Bernafon Verite.

Um Bongo, could you please elaborate on what you mean? Specifically, I'm curious on the different vectors (and from what you say, there may be many) the Alera/Future is streets ahead of the Cobalts. Also, how are they easier to integrate with other devices (which devices?) than the Verites?
    Please bear in mind I'm new to the prospect of using these wireless technologies that come with this generation of hearing aids; while intrigued and cognizant I can benefit from them, I'm wary--cautiously optimistic--and only want to take on something I really need and can handle.
    Thanks!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Essar View Post
    Yes, I too heard from my audiologist at Costco the Resound Futures are in. They are, from what he told me, the Aleras with the same wireless accessories (about three, total). Only RITE, no ITC/CIC.

Pricing was $1400/each, with about $600 for the three accessories. Total for a pair with those accessories: $3400.

Anyone know how the Aleras compare to the Kirkland Signature/Rexton Cobalt 16s? the Bernafon Verite 9s?
    Hi Essar,
    I'm trailing the Verite 9s now so I'm intrigued to hear about these Resound Futures that are actually Aleras. If they are Aleras, why are they called Futures?

There was a thread on this Forum that talked alot about the Aleras very positively, I think the Alera 9? The price is comparable to the Bernafons so I'd might like to test them. I have to admit though that I've been quite happy with these Bernafons...the clarity is very good and they do reasonably well in loud environments. But the wireless on the Bernafons is pretty weak so I'm interested to hear about these Aleras as people said the Alera's wireless is really, really good.
    Hz.250...500...750...1K...1.5K..2K...3K...4K...6K. .8K
    R....15....40....40.....45....45....45...55...55.. 60...60
    L....35....55....55.....60....60....55...55...65.. 60...65

Happy user of Bernafon Verite 9s since Dec, 2010. Double dome left ear, open dome right ear.
    Good experience w Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by Essar View Post
    >Streets ahead of the Cobalt, easier to integrate with other devices than the Bernafon Verite.

Um Bongo, could you please elaborate on what you mean? Specifically, I'm curious on the different vectors (and from what you say, there may be many) the Alera/Future is streets ahead of the Cobalts. Also, how are they easier to integrate with other devices (which devices?) than the Verites?
    Please bear in mind I'm new to the prospect of using these wireless technologies that come with this generation of hearing aids; while intrigued and cognizant I can benefit from them, I'm wary--cautiously optimistic--and only want to take on something I really need and can handle.
    Thanks!
    The streets ahead would refer to the noise management, function of automatics, directionality and general flexibility which is better than the more rigid structure of what is effectively a Starkey S series product. It's also a couple of years newer.

The integration issue is simple - the Alera doesn't require a streamer type of device to receive wireless transmissions, while the Verite does. You still need a device to send your voice transmission though. Again the Alera is the newer model.

Personally I don't like the Alera receiver or the materials they've been using recently. However it's an innovative product.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by davidbarry View Post
    Hi Essar,
    I'm trailing the Verite 9s now so I'm intrigued to hear about these Resound Futures that are actually Aleras. If they are Aleras, why are they called Futures?

There was a thread on this Forum that talked alot about the Aleras very positively, I think the Alera 9? The price is comparable to the Bernafons so I'd might like to test them. I have to admit though that I've been quite happy with these Bernafons...the clarity is very good and they do reasonably well in loud environments. But the wireless on the Bernafons is pretty weak so I'm interested to hear about these Aleras as people said the Alera's wireless is really, really good.
    Parallel branding for Costco. Allows for price differentiation and consumer group separation.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Default Resound future

The Alera's come in 3 models the 5, 7 and 9. Does Costco also carry 3 models?