Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ReSound Future

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by searching View Post
    Saturday I ordered my first pair of hearing aids. The resound future at Costco. I get them in about a week. I wanted the Agil Pro, but, truthfully, cound not afford them. I wore a demon pair in the store and i guess I have forgotten what a noisy world we live in. I am just concerned that they don't have "active speech enhancement" like all th eotcons do. I do not know what the is, but it sounds like something I want.
    In any case, Costoc has a 90 day return policy and I hope I do not need to use it.

I wll let you know. Sue
    Hi Sue,
    Your response about the Futures that you have "forgotten what a noisy world we live in" is not a ringing endorsement of the Futures. Costcos are very loud, what I'm hoping is that with the Futures they will cut out noise when I'm talking with somebody so that I can hear the things I want to hear really well. During your demo, were you able to hear people in the store when you spoke to them directly (speech in noise)? If so, maybe the audi just had the volume set too high for you overall regarding general hearing.

I will be demoing the Futures myself next Monday and I'll report back my findings.
    Hz.250...500...750...1K...1.5K..2K...3K...4K...6K. .8K
    R....15....40....40.....45....45....45...55...55.. 60...60
    L....35....55....55.....60....60....55...55...65.. 60...65

Happy user of Bernafon Verite 9s since Dec, 2010. Double dome left ear, open dome right ear.
    Good experience w Costco.

2. Default

Hi

I just got a Hi-Pro and I am trying to connect to my ReSound Future but the Aventa software doesn't seem to detect the device. :

Is there a Costco version of the Aventa software? I am using the CS44/CS63 cable to connect to my ReSound Future.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Citation4444 View Post
    Yes, it's true that they only carry the one model which is wireless and uses the 312 battery.

I picked mine up today and was able to look over the shoulder of the audi and compare the available software options and settings versus the Alera 9's that I had been trialing. The options are identical in the software, so IMO one can safely assume the Future's are the same as the Alera 9's except for the battery door. The Costco software recognizes it as a 861 while the Alera 9 is recognized as a 961 in the non-Costco Aventa software. The wireless accessories are absolutely identical as well. So, if you like the Alera 9's, the Future is a heck of a bargain.

In my case I found the Costco audiologist very knowledgeable and an extraordinarily good listener.

Quote Originally Posted by vision View Post
    Hi

I just got a Hi-Pro and I am trying to connect to my ReSound Future but the Aventa software doesn't seem to detect the device. :

Is there a Costco version of the Aventa software? I am using the CS44/CS63 cable to connect to my ReSound Future.

---
    I don't see the Futures listed on my Aventa 3 software either. Costco probably have a special model install code to add the models to the list.

Speak to the audiologist there to see if they will let you have it.
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Default

When I watched the Costco audi start the software, it only showed the 861 and 860 models in the selectable list. These are the wireless and non-wireless Future models. The Alera 9's are 961 and 960 respectively. I have not tried to connect to my Futures yet as I don't have either the airlink or the interconnect cables for the Hi-Pro. Based on your experience, though, I expect we'll have difficulty getting the Aventa 3 software to recognize the Futures. We'll have to come up with some trick to make it work, or somehow come up with the Costco software. Were you using the 3-pin flex strip with your CS63 cable?

I did verify that once you're into the software, the Costco and regular Aventa 3 appear identical, i.e., there are no features defeated in the Costco software that are present in the Aventa 3.

If I can't connect to the Futures to make my own programming changes, I'll probably return the Futures. I have a 2 hour drive each way to Costco and these trips will eat into the savings pretty fast depending on how many visits I require.
    Last edited by Citation4444; 01-28-2011 at 08:53 AM.
    Starkey Series 3 i110's and Wi i110's

Freq L R
    250 25 25
    500 30 30
    1K 45 40
    2K 55 45
    3K 60 50
    4K 75 60
    6K 80 75
    8K 80 70

5. Default

Yes, I was using the 3-pin flex strip.

By the way, since Hi-Pro is just a serial device, I am thinking about using a serial analyzer to capture the hand-shaking traffic between Hi-Pro and ReSound Future. Perhaps I can make Aventa "detect" the device as a Alera960... It's worth a try.

--

When I watched the Costco audi start the software, it only showed the 861 and 860 models in the selectable list. These are the wireless and non-wireless Future models. The Alera 9's are 961 and 960 respectively. I have not tried to connect to my Futures yet as I don't have either the airlink or the interconnect cables for the Hi-Pro. Based on your experience, though, I expect we'll have difficulty getting the Aventa 3 software to recognize the Futures. We'll have to come up with some trick to make it work, or somehow come up with the Costco software. Were you using the 3-pin flex strip with your CS63 cable?

I did verify that once you're into the software, the Costco and regular Aventa 3 appear identical, i.e., there are no features defeated in the Costco software that are present in the Aventa 3.

If I can't connect to the Futures to make my own programming changes, I'll probably return the Futures. I have a 2 hour drive each way to Costco and these trips will eat into the savings pretty fast depending on how many visits I require.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vision View Post
    Yes, I was using the 3-pin flex strip.

By the way, since Hi-Pro is just a serial device, I am thinking about using a serial analyzer to capture the hand-shaking traffic between Hi-Pro and ReSound Future. Perhaps I can make Aventa "detect" the device as a Alera960... It's worth a try.

--
    Just so we're clear on this, the 960 is the non-wireless Alera 9, and the 961 is the full-featured wireless version of the Alera 9.
    Starkey Series 3 i110's and Wi i110's

Freq L R
    250 25 25
    500 30 30
    1K 45 40
    2K 55 45
    3K 60 50
    4K 75 60
    6K 80 75
    8K 80 70

7. Default

Just so we're clear on this, the 960 is the non-wireless Alera 9, and the 961 is the full-featured wireless version of the Alera 9.
    Right. Thanks for the correction. It would be nice to "detect" Future as Alera961...

Quote Originally Posted by davidbarry View Post
    Hi Sue,
    Your response about the Futures that you have "forgotten what a noisy world we live in" is not a ringing endorsement of the Futures. Costcos are very loud, what I'm hoping is that with the Futures they will cut out noise when I'm talking with somebody so that I can hear the things I want to hear really well. During your demo, were you able to hear people in the store when you spoke to them directly (speech in noise)? If so, maybe the audi just had the volume set too high for you overall regarding general hearing.

I will be demoing the Futures myself next Monday and I'll report back my findings.
    I have a different take on what Sue posted. I don't blame the Futures or her audiologist for this. It's common for people demoing their first pair of hearing aids to be a bit overwhelmed by sound, especially, as you suggest, in a noisy environment like a busy Costco store. In fact, I think some audiologists tend to undershoot the gain setting a bit until the customer asks for 'more' sound, just because some people find the renewed stimulation overwhelming. Just a few days or weeks turns it around for many first-time wearers as their brains adjust. Give it a little time, Sue.
    2013 Audiogram
    Hz250.....0500...1000...1500..2000....3000....40 00...6000....8000
    L...20.......15........30........40........40..... ..45.......40.......55........65
    R...15.......20........30........40........40..... ..30.......55.......55........65

Speech disc:
    L: 100% at 60 dB
    R: 100% at 60 dB

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hamjor View Post
    I have a different take on what Sue posted. I don't blame the Futures or her audiologist for this. It's common for people demoing their first pair of hearing aids to be a bit overwhelmed by sound, especially, as you suggest, in a noisy environment like a busy Costco store. In fact, I think some audiologists tend to undershoot the gain setting a bit until the customer asks for 'more' sound, just because some people find the renewed stimulation overwhelming. Just a few days or weeks turns it around for many first-time wearers as their brains adjust. Give it a little time, Sue.
    Point well taken. I hope Sue returns here and let's us know how she's making out as she adjusts to using HAs for the first time. I will be demoing the Futures on Monday and I will report back.
    Hz.250...500...750...1K...1.5K..2K...3K...4K...6K. .8K
    R....15....40....40.....45....45....45...55...55.. 60...60
    L....35....55....55.....60....60....55...55...65.. 60...65

Happy user of Bernafon Verite 9s since Dec, 2010. Double dome left ear, open dome right ear.
    Good experience w Costco.

10. Default

Hey guys,

I've had my Futures now for about 3 weeks and had them adjusted once. So far these are great. I really like them compared to the Vivids that I previously had. The Bluetooth is excellent and the sound I hear in these seems more realistic. It's really hard to explain but when I was talking to the receptionist at my Costco who was demoing the Futures she and I both were in agreement of the dramatic difference. Now, I don't have a ton of experience in other brands but I do really like these.