Thread: Source for ConnexxLink and Software?

1. Default Source for ConnexxLink and Software?

I'm a new HA wearer and am enjoying hearing things more clearly again! I'm also enjoying the Tek Remote system I got with my Siemens Pure 701 RIC BTE HAs. It's great to handle all my phone calls through my HAs, I love being able to stream my TV/Stereo to them, and I also can stream from my laptop. Life is good.

What isn't good is that I was hoping to get the ConnexxLink hadware and Connexx software so I can adjust my programs myself. As luck would have it, I saw the system was available right around the time I got my HAs, but thought I'd wait a bit before jumping into purchasing it. Unfortunately, I can no longer can get it. I've been looking elsewhere and can't find the system.

NOTE: I HAVE RECEIVED THE INFORMATION I NEEDED AND HAVE LEARNED IT IS BETTER NOT TO GET ANSWERS T SUCH QUESTIONS IN THE OPEN FORUM TO PROTECT OUR SOURCES. RATHER, I SHOULD HAVE ASKED FOR RESPONSES BY PM.
    Last edited by atnbirdie; 04-18-2011 at 06:28 AM.
    L---5---15---20--20--40--55--75--65
    Speech discrimination @ 40dB = 100% L & R
    Siemens Pure 701 w/Tek, miniTek & ePen Remotes

Siemens Connexx allows either Noah or stand alone. You don't need Noah. The Noah system is only needed as a professional record keeping method for the pro's with lots of patients.

To the best of my knowledge you can only get the Siemens software from a Siemens dealer (an audiologist or dispenser) or their rep.

NoahLink software is a BlueTooth interface system between your computer and the NoahLink patient worn hardware which physically connects to the hearing aids. Not to be confused with the older hardwired interface, the HIPro. Ed
    Last edited by ed121; 03-22-2011 at 12:36 PM.

3. Default Recommendations for Connexx Hardware-Software for Windows.

I have worn HAs for nearly 20 years. I live in Arizona, am close to 72 years old and have a EET, 5 technical patents and currently work full-time in aerospace engineering at a large OEM of Space Hardware. My work requires a better level of voice recognition, and i once again feel my hearing compromises my productivity.

I currently wear expensive BTE RIC Oticons that are three+ years old but seem a bit dated and don't offer Bluetooth features. Worse I am often in a noisy environment with motors and cooling fans running in the background and the noise filtering reduces voice clarity. TV watching with my wife sometimes becomes a battle of the remote control.

There is no doubt i am a critical wearer. I find the corrective programming process to be very tiring and time-consuming. I recently returned a pair of Bernafon to Costco because the programming and DSP performance wasn't accurate and their devices had only MONAURAL Bluetooth.

I have worked with DSPs and the associated software so I have a pretty good understanding of the technology and have some software experience, too. I also have test equipment in my home lab that facilitates aural testing including audio level metering and calibration. I can also use - with headphones - the on-line test utilities to correlate my loss profile.

My problem is that, like others here, I've had too many disappointing experiences trying to get new HA's electrically programmed to support my hearing loss. The residual noise artifacts, feedback control and multi-program set-ups have required me to make multiple inconvenient appointments that often haven't yielded satisfactory results. My loss in both ears is typical ski-slope deficient with 5 KHz being down >60 db. At 200 to 500 Hz, Loss is about 10 dB or so, left ear being a little worse.

I'd fancy a pair of BTE RIC Seimens models 701, or maybe 501, or equivalent that provides selectable & good noise cancellation, Bluetooth connectivity with Stereo or bin-aural media playback. I like their features for batteries, pod programming, and manufacturers reputation. I also wish to purchase a USB programming kit, with HA cable and Windows software, that will permit me to make programming adjustments with out an audiologist trying to interpret my experience. HELP?

Bill in Phoenix.

Bill,
    I don't have any info on the programming issues, but I can give you my 2 cents worth on the Bluetooth features I use. I have Oticon HA with the Streamer which works very well for me: I use it for cell and land line phones, tying in to the computers audio and TV watching. It works very well for both cell and land lines, cell phone pairing had problems but once I reset the Streamer and re paired it to the phone I've had no problems, Land line has distance problems since base unit has Bluetooth (not the handset) so it is good for about 30 feet. Computer I use the cable since my Mac kept dropping the Bluetooth connection, with the cable no problems. The TV I also use a stereo cable since the adapter had a delay that was enough to drive you crazy, other than being tethered I like the fact that you don't miss any dialog. Yes it isn't in stereo, but I've always found that with my loss I hear better without the audio in stereo anyway. Hope this helps.
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

-250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25

5. Default

Bill,

I have Siemens 701s and the Tek Remote BT system. I love it. I have 5 programs in my HAs: normal, BT Phone, noisy environment (e.g., restaurants), iPod/TV, Music (e.g., live music). It's great to hear phone calls in both ears. For the phone, I have mics turned off to cut down on external noise. That helps tremendously and my hearing is still good enough that it isn't a problem if I'm driving, but make a huge difference on how well you can hear the other party on the line.
    I love program 4, iPod/TV (that's what I've named it). The Tek system comes with a small BT device that you jack into your TV, iPod, or even entertainment system. The device is about the size of a point & shoot camera battery, and it is mostly a battery. Once plugged into your system, you turn it on, switch your HAs to the proper channel and pick up stereo reception. Quality is nothing like headphones, but it enables me to listen to programs at a level I can hear while my wife listens to speakers at a reasonable level for her. Alternatively, you can jack the little transmitter into an MP3/iPod device and listen to your music wirelessly in your HAs. I can put the iPod and Tek in my pocket with the Tek remote device around neck and hear music just fine.
    The noisy environment program is a stock one provided by Siemens. I know it can be customized to meet the type of noisy environment you describe.
    The music program is also pretty stock and works for me at this time. Search around the forum for a post by azureblue who provides some specific tweaks for listening to live music program. What the stock program does is seem to heighten most frequencies. It's too intense for most environments, but great for music. I also find it very useful when I go to a play where not all actors can project their voices as well as some. The music program helps me catch it all. Another place is when I go to a conference and listen to a speaker who doesn't project so well or stands a little too far from the mic.
    A minor downside is the tek remote is about he size of a standard flip phone (not smartphone). Seems like they should be able to make it smaller, but it certainly isn't a deal breaker given what service it provides. They do have a smaller device, but it lacks a screen for feedback, which I happen to like.

Hope this helps,
    Steve

6. Default

The 'feedback' is very useful. Thank you. Your experience and my own needs continues to support my desire/quest for a top of the line product. Regards.

7. Default Quite happy with Hansaton's now.

Phillip at fixyourears dot com set me up with top of the line Hansaton Auriga's with remote and TV transmitter. The Bluetooth streaming is great and the canned programs fit my environmental situations fine.

They have a store front on Amazon, too.

8 7 7 - 5 7 7 - 4 3 2 7 got me what i needed. About the only fitting i had to do was find the right domes for the RIC. Recommended and the price was very attractive compared to prior experiences.

8. Default

Interesting, the Hansaton i-com and emote devices look like carbon copies of the Siemens Tek and ePocket remotes! I don't see anything on their site linking them to Siemens so apparently they both use the same 3rd party supplier of remote HA technology.

Quote Originally Posted by atnbirdie View Post
    Interesting, the Hansaton i-com and emote devices look like carbon copies of the Siemens Tek and ePocket remotes! I don't see anything on their site linking them to Siemens so apparently they both use the same 3rd party supplier of remote HA technology.
    Siemens owns Hansaton, I believe.
    .....250....500......1k......2k.......3k......4k.. ....8k
    L.....20......20......40......40......60......55.. ....80
    R.....25......25......40......50......55......60.. ....60