Thread: Rain

Default Rain

I live in Vancouver, BC. We get lots of rain, especially this time of year (actually it's most of the year!) Electronics and water don't mix and so every time I've had to go out in the rain I've taken my HAs out. But that's getting to bug me. What do you do? Take them out, wear a hat, hoodie, cover them, leave them as is?

Quote Originally Posted by iRobert View Post
    I live in Vancouver, BC. We get lots of rain, especially this time of year (actually it's most of the year!) Electronics and water don't mix and so every time I've had to go out in the rain I've taken my HAs out. But that's getting to bug me. What do you do? Take them out, wear a hat, hoodie, cover them, leave them as is?
    You should check out the little sleeves they make for hearing aids called: EarGear. You can prob see them on Westone website. I had a guy tell me they are awesome and they've lasted him 2 1/2 years so far. They aren't made of cotton either, they are made out of a spandex like material. And they do a great job at keeping the microphones very clean. This guy said when his EarGear sleeves get dirty, he just takes them off and throws them in the washer. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by HearDoc View Post
    You should check out the little sleeves they make for hearing aids called: EarGear. You can prob see them on Westone website. I had a guy tell me they are awesome and they've lasted him 2 1/2 years so far. They aren't made of cotton either, they are made out of a spandex like material. And they do a great job at keeping the microphones very clean. This guy said when his EarGear sleeves get dirty, he just takes them off and throws them in the washer. Hope this helps.
    http://www.gearforears.com is their website. I have a pair on the mini curved for my Live 9's.

4. Default

In the summer time I take them out. Fall, Spring, and Winter I have a Stetson for dress and a flat brimmed oilskin hat that I got from Cabelas that both serve the purpose of keeping rain or snow off of the aids. I do have a fishing hat that will keep them covered during the summer, but stylin' it isn't. I keep protective boxes in every vehicle I use so that there is no problem with storage being unavailable. 20 seconds to take out or put in just isn't that much of a problem for me.
    Gadgets

Frequency-L/R
    250-0/0, 500-20/20, 1k-10/5, 2k-10/15, 3k-40/25, 4k-60/55, 6k-60/65, 8k-60/60

Discrimination L/dB-R/dB
    93%/55-93%/53

I can't believe some type of instrument cover can do a good job of protecting the instrument without degrading performance (i.e. covering the mics). Like GadgetsRme, I use hats, although I would not be caught dead wearing a stetson :-). When going on an real outdoor adventure, I carry a 100% watertight container should a real deluge occur.

xxx..250..500..1K...2K...3K...4K...8K
    Lft..65...70...70...75...95...115..NR <----Pre Op
    Lft..25...25...25...25...55....80..95 <----Post Op Hidden Content
    Rt...45...55...50...55...80...100..90