Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starkey Wi Series

1. Default Starkey Wi Series

I have just replaced my 5 year old Siemens HA's with Starkey Wi Series. The Surflink is good for me with TV and FM and like the streaming with Surflink. I'm still getting use to the HA's and quality is better than the Siemens but not sure it's worth the cost. I have not tried then wit a neck loop for Bluetooth yet and plan to purchase an Artone 2.0 EDR for that purpose. Does anyone have experience with Starkey HA's to share; good or bad and about the Wi Series in particular?

I am trialing the Starkey Wi and am coming from a Resound Metrix. The sound quality is much better. Sound discernment (e.g. women with high voices, fast talkers) is much better. TV and music are much better (not using surflink). Listening to the radio in the car is much better.

But... the Audie did not set a telecoil, the programs just seem to increase volume (i.e. tones or directionality do not change much) and sound in noise is terrible. I am going back today to address these things.
    --------------
    ______L_ R
    250 _28 28
    500 _55 55
    1000 75 70
    1500 80 72
    2000 85 75
    3000 90 75
    4000 100 80
    6000 100 90
    8000 Hidden Content 100

3. Default

I just was fitted with Wi a little over a week ago. I love these things. The first thing I found was when my wife spoke to me I said the normal hugggh? Then realized I did hear what she said. My brain just didn't register it fast enough. I'm getting better breaking that habit. Second to try the crowd setting we went to a local sports bar at lunch.You know the type, 15 TV's playing cement floor lots of vioces. For the first time I was able to sit at a table hear all the conversations never once asked anyone to repeat themselves. Way cool!!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Lalo View Post
    I am trialing the Starkey Wi and am coming from a Resound Metrix. The sound quality is much better. Sound discernment (e.g. women with high voices, fast talkers) is much better. TV and music are much better (not using surflink). Listening to the radio in the car is much better.

But... the Audie did not set a telecoil, the programs just seem to increase volume (i.e. tones or directionality do not change much) and sound in noise is terrible. I am going back today to address these things.
    Some dispensers activate all four programs at a fitting. Personally I am of the opinion that you start with one, get it perfect, and only add programs if there are specific situations in your life where you really are not hearing well enough.

As to hearing in noise, these aids should be among the best in the world with this regard. Not only do they have an amazing noise reduction system that can clip noise even in the gaps between the syllables of words, but your model also has binaural spacial mapping, which uses both aids working together and exchanging information to decide the best strategy for any given situation.

Now all that said, no hearing aid is magic and you can't instantly reverse a hearing loss and establish perfect hearing in noise, but if it is 'terrible' you certainly need some programming work done.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by joesan View Post
    I have just replaced my 5 year old Siemens HA's with Starkey Wi Series. The Surflink is good for me with TV and FM and like the streaming with Surflink. I'm still getting use to the HA's and quality is better than the Siemens but not sure it's worth the cost. I have not tried then wit a neck loop for Bluetooth yet and plan to purchase an Artone 2.0 EDR for that purpose. Does anyone have experience with Starkey HA's to share; good or bad and about the Wi Series in particular?
    Word on the street (!) is that Starkey will have a better Bluetooth device by the summer, so if you can wait on the neck look you could get something a little more elegant.

Arrow

No pressure, but curious, what did you pay?

I got my Wis back. The telecoil is installed and works okay. Again, they are better at voices in quiet and TV. But...they are still terrible at noise in sound. Terrible. My 6 year old Resound Metrix HAs are better. I will go back for a tuneup but this is so disappointing.
    --------------
    ______L_ R
    250 _28 28
    500 _55 55
    1000 75 70
    1500 80 72
    2000 85 75
    3000 90 75
    4000 100 80
    6000 100 90
    8000 Hidden Content 100

8. Default

dear sir wi series in starkey is very good in performance ,it has good features starkey always brings new and unbelievable features,like self programming with out going to audiologist as this feature is unique and advanced technology.similarly i also recommend you Alera 9 Ric which is around $2888 each.try this also once ,you may feel diferent with FM gadgets bluetooth headset and tv stramer.regards
    ravikiran
    india

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lalo View Post
    I got my Wis back. The telecoil is installed and works okay. Again, they are better at voices in quiet and TV. But...they are still terrible at noise in sound. Terrible. My 6 year old Resound Metrix HAs are better. I will go back for a tuneup but this is so disappointing.
    Lalo, T'coils are in the Wi's. I assume you had them activated by software. Why did you have them activated?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZCT View Post
    No pressure, but curious, what did you pay?
    ZCT, I'm not sure what I'm paying for the Starkey Wi's. My Audi said to try them first and then we'll talk price if I'm happy. However, he said they are about $6000 for the pair. He said his price for the SurfLink is $499 and he would sell them to me for that price. What do you think?